Problems from practice perceived, observed or anticipated need solutions. These can take the form of templates, approaches, techniques and tools among others. This theme is aimed at generating such solutions or foundations that can lead to such solutions. Work in this theme, therefore draws on several contributing disciplines. Examples of research questions in this theme include:
- What are the key dimensions of EA styles and patterns?
- How can they be modeled and combined as needed?
- Which knowledge-sharing models can be used and are useful for EA, and how?
- How project portfolios can be prioritized for the purpose of coordinating EA efforts?
- How can negotiation and communication practices for EA be improved?
- How can conceptual models and ontologies be used for better communication during EA projects?
- How can EA practices be successfully applied to areas outside of IT?