The Center is guided by an external advisory board consisting of representatives from leading corporations, government and professional organizations. This body is comprised of two subgroups: The Research Advisory Group guides the research mission of the center, The Education and Outreach Advisory Group provides input and guidance on the undergraduate, graduate and professional educational activities of the Center.
The Board advises and assists the Center administration in:
- Managing the research process in a cost-effective manner;
- Identifying emerging research and funding opportunities;
- Staying abreast of societal, business-climate changes and adjusting priorities to meet changing needs;
- Providing knowledge transfer to business and industry;
- Identifying sources of public and private financial support to enhance the Center and academic programs;
- Being responsive to a diverse clientele;
- Understanding corporate, DoD and federal government related sponsors;
- Collaboration on funded IR&D projects;
- Teaming on large-scale research opportunities;
- Identifying and enjoining talented and dedicated individuals for Board membership and leadership.
Current Advisory Group Members:
- Applied Research Lab/ Penn State
- EMC Corporation
- Lockheed Martin
- The Confiance Group
- Vertex, Inc.